As you can imagine people using my information without my consent is one way to really annoy me so I will never do it to you. Any information you enter into this website will only ever be used in the way that you want it to be used. It will never, ever be given or sold to 3rd parties or used in any way that you have not agreed to.
Activities on this site, such as page views, time on each page etc are tracked in order to see what everybody is finding interesting and what they are not. This information is entirely anonymous and there is no way to tell who you are from that tracking information.
Likewise, some tracking may be carried out when you click on an advert, such as following a link to Amazon etc. That tracking is used to let the advertiser know who referred you to their site and is again anonymous. Additionally, some advertisers can track via cookies which products you are interested in and therefore tailor adverts to what they think you might be interested in. Once again, they don’t have any information about you personally, just that someone using your device has looked at, for example, lawn mowers.
The Full Version
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Old Man Grumbling may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 11th Sept 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address. We collect this if you voluntarily submit information to The Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- demographic information such as post/zip code, preferences and interests.
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. For example, if you are able to create a user profile, which allows you to create a username and password, we will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records.
- We may receive information about you from other sources. You may link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile. If you choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile, we will receive your name, email address and profile picture associated with that account. If The Website should utilise the Facebook commenting system, and you choose to comment on a Website post, your profile picture may appear.
- We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use this Website, we may log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To operate and maintain The Website.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To can provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us. If you would like us to remove your information from The Website, please contact us.
|viewed_cookie_policy||Persistant||30 days||Logs the fact that you have accepted/declined cookies|
|_ga Google Analytics||Persistant||2 years||Used for anonymous tracking of website usage|
|_gat Google Analytics||Session||60 secs||Used for anonymous tracking of website usage|
|_gid Google Analytics||Persistant||24 hours||Used for anonymous tracking of website usage|